Wednesday, August 10, 2011

August 10, 2011 The Day I Decided to...

I've got a "million dollar view", just ask any realtor, though in today's market it might be more like a $600k view.  


Also within this $600k view I see a tremendous depth of gunk in the rain gutter on our roof.  (Probably making it more like a $400k view)  Obviously the gunk must go, but how?  or better yet, by whom?  Who is willing to do the job for no pay, because that is what I'm willing to pay!  I saw gutter screens in a catalog a few years back.  They are installed (how, not so sure, and again, who will do it for free?) over the top of the gutters to keep leaves, etc. (I believe we have "etc." in ours) out. Of course, when these screens are installed by the free handyperson (aka Himself), then it would probably be stupid not to clean out the gunk at the same time.  And therein lies the problem: my quick fix becomes most likely a weekend job, and..will probably never happen.  Life is short and the idea of using a precious weekend for that kind of superfluous project seems, well, doomed.  Perhaps the gutters will get so heavy that one year they will start to seriously sag and fall down all by themselves, eliminating the problem all together.  But of course, they might fall down precisely at the same moment that someone (litigious of course) comes to the door, narrowly missing them, or, yes it could happen, causing personal bodily injury, from built up "etc." in the rain gutter. Can I brave the neighborhood gossip storm of causing injury because we couldn't be bothered to put removal of "etc." from the rain gutters at the top of the list of things to do?  Ahead of doing laundry?  Ahead of cleaning bathrooms?  Vacuuming? Washing the dog?  Going to the beach? Going sailing?  I don't think so.  I will only be judged by those that have clean rain gutters and no life.  And their opinion is not important to me...at least not today. 


Well, the sun is finally coming out, at four o'clock in the afternoon.   I do not love living in the marine layer, even with my $1m view! (Okay $400k)  Hmm, perhaps clean rain gutters will cause my $400k view to appreciate to $500k... 

No comments:

Post a Comment